The position is responsible for the development and implementation of a specific recruitment territory program. The Admission Counselor works and contributes through a team-oriented approach in the overall planning and operations of the University’s admissions arena including strategic recruitment planning, application processing, marketing, and policy/communication development; along with the coordination of specific recruitment-related programs. This position is an on-campus position and will include some weekend and evenings. Other duties as assigned by the Director, Executive Director or Vice President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position has the primary responsibility to assume a key territorial recruitment assignment, including prospective student tele-counseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, high school visits, and applicant follow up etc.
- Weekly metrics will be measured to ensure appropriate communications are going out to all prospective students
- An admissions counselor interprets and explains admissions decisions to parents and students. Interprets and explains university programs and policies paying special attention to the identification of appropriate exceptions to normal processes and procedures.
- An admissions counselor conducts evaluative interviews of prospective students, plans and executes recruitment travel based on analysis of data and builds relationships with high school counselors
- Responsible for applicant file review, upgrades, major changes etc. within the territory.
- Systematically collect, analyze, and use data on market, prospects, applicants, admitted students, and enrolled students, in order to target resources effectively and constantly improve recruitment efforts within your territory
- Weekend visit events, overnight travel to college fairs, other coverage as needed.
- The Admission Counselor partners with staff in planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body.
- Create an annual marketing plan for the recruitment territory. Conduct appropriate research on territory to establish/support goals and objectives.
- Prepares, reviews, and submits reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have an appreciation for the value of a comprehensive, pre-professional, engineering and sciences education, a valid driver’s license, enthusiasm for and ability to do significant traveling, experience and skill working with computers and software programs (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slate, Jenzabar/EX, etc.), and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and a graduate degree is preferred. Preference will be given to candidates with previous admission experience working in private higher education.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.